Tuesday, November 23, 2010

YESTERDAY, TODAY, AND TOMORROW


I want to tell you about my friend, Ray Repp.

For those of you who don’t recognize the name, Ray has been described as the person most responsible for introducing folk music and guitar into Christian Churches in 1965. Born in St. Louis, Ray eventually found a home near Ithaca, NY.

In the early 80s Ray published a book of mine called “The Christian Guitar Handbook” and we struck up a solid friendship, and in 1985 he asked me to arrange some new music and play guitar on a new album. It was originally titled “Ever Bless” and was issued on cassette only.


I recently discovered that this wonderful album is now available on CD through Oregon Catholic Press. They have changed the album name to “Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow” and it contains all the music from the original release. Of all the recordings that I have worked on with other people, this is my favorite. The songwriting is superb, the singing is impressive, and the lyrics are lovely, being deeply rooted in scripture.

You can download the entire disc, or individual songs. I hope you will check it out:  YESTERDAY, TODAY, and TOMORROW

No comments:

Post a Comment